[IronPython] IronPython and SSIS issue - need help...bad

Bill Fellows tenaciousb at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 06:38:08 CET 2009

I have not read the article about SSIS and mono but I did have an XP
machine with .NET 3.5 installed on as well as a development edition of
SQL Server 2005.  I grabbed the latest versions of IP 1.1 and 2.0 from
codeplex and created a simple SSIS package that had a single script
task with a hello world message box.  I can run the package fine from
the command line (dtexec) and I can invoke it via your supplied python
script with both version of IP and it has no issues.

Having not touched Mono before, I assume that I merely click the Mono
2.2 Command prompt and invoke my IP the same way.  Assuming that is
correct, I achieve the same results as above.

Given that you have the error in both mono and MS's supplied run time,
I suspect your issue is a lack of SQL Server.  From my time on the
msdn forums for SSIS, a recurring theme was that people wanted to
provide packages as solutions to be run on boxes without having SQL
Server installed.  Perhaps it's just a licensing thing and there's no
real trick to it beyond having the DLLs, but the common respone there
was that it was not possible to run packages where the database was
not installed.  I don't have any environments to test against that
don't have SQL Server on it to prove/disprove that notion but
otherwise I'd be happy to try and help out if there is anything you'd
like for me to try.

/bill