[IronPython] Any idea what might cause this?

Dan Eloff dan.eloff at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 20:17:49 CET 2009

Hi IronPython team,

Occasionally, when importing one particular module on a background
thread I get this error:

SystemError: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

The offending line is:

class SerializeCustom(_custom_base):

And _custom_base is defined earlier in the module as:

from mycsharpassembly import *
_custom_base = Serializers.SerializeCustom # from assembly

The problem is a real pain to replicate (i.e. me refreshing the
browser about 100 times) Hopefully someone will have an idea what
could cause this. I'm using build 44619, main (2.1 now 2.6) branch.

Thanks,
-Dan