[IronPython] IronPython and SSIS issue - need help...bad

Carl Trachte ctrachte at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 18:59:14 CET 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 5:08 AM, Rob Weiss <rweiss at chesapeakebay.net> wrote:

> Carl,
> Thanks for the help, looking forward to the update.
>
> Bill,
> I can get the package to run fine using dtsexec and it runs in VS BIS IDE,
> It also runs with a C# app I wrote, so I am not having an issue other than
> trying to get it to run under IP (on either a windows dev box with
> everything installed, or the prod Red Hat Enterprise box) or IP on mono
> (same boxes) using the supplied script. Carl posted a msg stating that he
> was going to dust off the code and review a couple of things and get back to
> us.
>
> Thanks.

Sorry this took so long.  I've updated this recipe in the IronPython
Cookbook for IronPython 2.0 (no testing on Mono).  The main problem
seemed to be the loss of the ability to do Python index and name
lookups (variablename['foo']) on the SSIS collection objects.  The
code now is a little more verbose, but this is hardly a showstopper.

Thanks for the heads up on this.

Carl T.