[IronPython] Problems with hashlib and threading

Brian Merrell brian at merrells.org
Sun Jan 4 17:58:05 CET 2009

Thanks Curt.  I've filed a bug report.  It makes me a bit nervous realizing
that it isn't entirely transparent when shared memory/objects are being
used.  Normally I would think a local instance of hashlib.md5() would be
thread-safe from other local instances.  Is there any documentation of what
other modules use global/static instances or other non-thread-safe
implementations in IronPython?