[IronPython] Weird performance issue

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Tue Jan 6 20:24:59 CET 2009

I think we are thrashing the hash code call site in CommonDictionaryStorage.HashSite._HashSite.  Alternately it could be the equals call site in PythonContext._equalRetBoolSite.    Similar to the property issue you can look at the call site object and see if it's going to the fixed read-only EmptyRuleSet.

We can probably add 2 sites which are per-dictionary but we might need to do something more clever as that could regress general dictionary perf.

The DLR team is going to be looking into general issues with understanding what's going on with call sites.  Yesterday I pointed out performance investigations as being something important for them to look at.