[IronPython] Global and Local ScriptScope

Caspar Lessing caspar.lessing at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 21:07:16 CET 2009

You are right, it is basically a "from pricy_scope import *" for each one of
my local scopes.

I considered doing that, but decided against it as I'm really loathe to copy
the context a whole bunch of times. The number of symbols _should_ not be
excessive but the pricy_scope setup script is configuration and eventually
could have a fair amount of symbols. The number of local contexts however
will be fairly high. Thousands to 10s of thousands. So copying gets
multiplied by that. So I am trying hard not do the copying thing.

However the Scope Parent mechanism is perfectly suited for wat I need. So I
was hoping I could use that which means no copying required.