[IronPython] Stop script execution/unload script

TommyN tno at vizrt.com
Mon Jan 19 14:55:46 CET 2009

Hi,

I've been testing using IronPython as an embedded script language in a small
C# application. I have added some code to a winform buttons Click event with
code like this:

def hello(s, e):
  MessageBox.Show('Clicked ' + s.Name)
Button1.Click += hello;

This works fine, but the problem is that if I modify the script code at
run-time and call:

source.Engine.Runtime.Shutdown();
source = engine.CreateScriptSourceFromString(....);
..
source.Execute(..)

I suddenly have 2 scripts running at the same time, and the messagebox is
displayed twice.
How should I go about properly stopping/unloading the first instance of the
script so only the latest script will be executed?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
-Tommy