[IronPython] App.config file if there are more than one program instance

Caglar Toklu caglartoklu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 22:32:22 CET 2009

Hi to all,

We are developing our product depending on another DLL acting as Database
Layer. I have searched this forum and found the following posts:

http://www.nabble.com/-IronPython--Application.config-td14159166.html#a14159166
http://www.nabble.com/app.config-for-ipy-script--td20756955.html#a20756955

They are both fine, and they suggest that placing an ipy.exe.config file
next to ipy.exe. I have tried it and it worked fine. But, I have more than
one application running on the same computer, and I need to have two
different config files for them.

So I have come up with the following solution [candidate] : Distributing an
IronPython binary distribution [IronPython-2.0-Bin.zip] with each of them
and calling the interpreter assigned to them. In this case, I can have two
different (or as many as required) IronPython instances running in different
directories with proper ipy.exe.config files. But, now I am stuck that
IronPython could not find the modules such as ConfigParser and os. Is there
a way to overcome this problem.

Any help or ideas are appreciated, thank you in advance.

Caglar Toklu