[IronPython] App.config file if there are more than one program instance

Caglar Toklu caglartoklu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 23:14:16 CET 2009

Hi Michael,

I have just applied the second solution of yours and it worked
perfectly. My entry script is adding the paths. (I have installed an
IronPython instance using the MSI installer so that I have the
libraries.)

Then in another directory, say C:\\MyApp1, my entry script does the following:

import sys
sys.path.append('C:\\Program Files\\IronPython 2.0\\Lib')
sys.path.append('C:\\Program Files\\IronPython 2.0')
sys.path.append('C:\\Program Files\\IronPython 2.0\\lib\\site-packages')

Also, I have placed an binary IronPython distibution in C:\\MyApp1
which includes an ipy.exe and an ipy.exe.config file with only
settings for App1.

By this way I can have as many IronPython applications running on the
same computer with different application configuration files.

Thank you very much for your answer, it is very appreciated.

Best regards,
Caglar Toklu