[IronPython] cannot access protected member without a python subclass

Bernat Ràfales Mulet brafales at tango04.net
Wed Jan 21 14:24:36 CET 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to add scripting to an existing application in C#. My
approach is to provide some Wrapper classes, that are instantiated and
then passed to a python engine scope via the SetVariable method of the
scope class. The problem is that one of those wrappers has a public
property with the get and set methods, but when I try to access the
property in the Python Script I get this error:
cannot access protected member ElementID without a python subclass of Serie.

The Serie class is simple:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Text;

namespace Tango04.DashBoard.Scripting.Wrappers
{
    class Serie
    {
        public string Name { get; set; }
        public string ElementID { get; set; }
    }
}

The Python code I use is as simple as this:
ShowSerie = Serie.ElementID != 'somestring'

I instantiate a Serie object, fill it with the data, and then pass it as
a variable to the script.

Anyone knows what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!