[IronPython] Calling a Python function (compiled into an assembly) from C# using delegates.

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Wed Jan 21 17:08:30 CET 2009

You need to do:

eng.ExecuteFile('myfile.py', scope);

From: users-bounces at lists.ironpython.com [mailto:users-bounces at lists.ironpython.com] On Behalf Of Renaud Durand
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 7:45 AM
To: dody at nomadlife.org; Discussion of IronPython
Subject: Re: [IronPython] Calling a Python function (compiled into an assembly) from C# using delegates.

Ok, but how ?
2009/1/21 Dody Gunawinata <empirebuilder at gmail.com<mailto:empirebuilder at gmail.com>>
I think you have to import the function - loading the assembly alone is not enough.
On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 5:17 PM, Renaud Durand <renaud.durand.it<http://renaud.durand.it>@gmail.com<http://gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi again,

I'm trying to call a python function from C#. I found out through a tutorial how to do it from
a Python source file but I would like to do it from a compiled assembly. Some elements are missing.
I think it is something like below but this does not work:

            eng = Python.CreateEngine()
            Assembly interpreter = Assembly.Load("interpreter");
            eng.runtime.LoadAssembly(interpreter);

            ScriptScope scope = eng.CreateScope();

            //Get the interpretMapping function
            Func<string, object> interpretMapping;
            interpretMapping = scope.GetVariable<Func<string, object>>("interpretMapping");
            ObjectOperations ops = eng.Operations;

            //Get the interpItem returned by function.
            object item = interpretMapping("649AC0165011B1E8F726AC54C911000000000000000000000000000000000000");
            //Get the display Method
            object method = ops.GetMember(item, "display");
            ops.Call(method);

Thank you... Again :-)

--
Renaud Durand