[IronPython] IronPython 2.0 Errors...

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Fri Jan 23 17:52:43 CET 2009

Are you familiar with "the halting problem"? :) (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halting_problem)<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halting_problem>

The only reliable way to find if a particular program returns a runtime
error is to execute the program.  For limited, targeted cases, (such as
importing modules) you could write an analyzer program which would be
*often* right -- but I could create a program  that tricks your analyzer
into reporting a problem where none exists.  Consider this:

import sys
sys.modules['foo'] = type(sys)('foo')
import foo

Your static analyzer would have a tough time recognizing that this program
would not raise a runtime error.