[IronPython] Embedding IronPython 2.0

Severin seob at gmx.ch
Fri Jan 30 16:32:09 CET 2009

Hello,
I'm digging out this thread again.

I'm trying to run python scripts from C# using the DLR.

Simple examples work, namely if I have just one function in one python file.

How does it work when one python file imports from another python file? I
get "No module named x" ImportExceptions when trying to compile these python
files.

I compile the main-file with 'CreateScriptSourceFromFile'.

May be I am using the wrong approach in general. What I have is a bunch of
python files that I used with CPython directly so far. Now I want to extend
my program with C# (since database handling is much more convenient there)
and I want to use the python files that I already have.

What is the best approach for this scenario?

Thanks for any kind of hint.

Severin