[IronPython] How to capture a 'Carriage Return' in a windows form ?

Brian Curtin brian.curtin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 16:41:52 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 09:31, Sivaguru Perambalam <itssivaguru at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello ,
>
> I have a Windows form with a text box and a button.
> What I want to implement it, when the user hits the 'Enter' key in the text
> box, the function that's linked to the ButtonClick event has to be invoked.
> Please give me like a code example of how this could be done in a simpler
> way, since I am not familiar with Forms or GUI stuff .
>
> Thanks !

You could check out the OnKeyDown event:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.control.onkeydown(loband).aspx.
The C# example pretty easily translates to IronPython, so you could follow
that and check when the KeyEventArgs.KeyCode is equal to Keys.Return, then
call your ButtonClick method.