[IronPython] Problem with Creating Executable using SharpDevelop

Kelie kf9150 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 08:34:26 CEST 2009

Hello,

I created a simple program with a few buttons, checkboxes, textboxes,
etc. and it worked fine. The form was created in the latest
SharpDevelop beta version (Version : 3.1.0.4077). Then I compiled the
solution. In the release folder there were these files:

IronPython.dll
ManningsSolver.dll
ManningsSolver.exe
Microsoft.Scripting.Core.dll
Microsoft.Scripting.dll
Microsoft.Scripting.ExtensionAttribute.dll

When tried on two computers with IronPython installed and with the
source code files, the program worked. But it failed on another
computer that does not have these. And error message was very
generic .NET error. I don't exactly remember what it was. Is this
normal?

Btw, since I have SharpDevelop installed, do I have to install
IronPython in order to write programs in IronPython? Or does it matter
which version of IronPython I install. The answer seems to be "No"
because I see those .dll files for IronPython in this folder "C:
\Program Files\SharpDevelop\3.0\AddIns\AddIns\BackendBindings
\PythonBinding" which are dated Feb 2009. Guess they're not the
latest.

Thanks,

Kelie