[IronPython] Problem with Creating Executable using SharpDevelop

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Fri Jul 10 18:03:58 CEST 2009

In general you need IronPython to be present to run IronPython apps - even
if they're compiled.  And IronPython will need to be next to the app
unless IronPython has been installed into the GAC (which we do not
do by default).  Also you probably want to include IronPython.Modules.dll
as well in addition to the DLLs you have here.  I imagine at some point
in the future we could add some sort of tree shaking compiler support
that links in IronPython w/ the app but we're a ways off from making
that a priority.

The SharpDevelop specific question I'm less sure about.