[IronPython] Problem with Creating Executable using SharpDevelop

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 14:51:00 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Dave Fugate<dfugate at microsoft.com> wrote:
> On a related note, I strongly suspect we'll be using different assembly version numbers for IronPython 2.6.0/2.6.1/etc...

I'd prefer not to have to respin NWSGI for every minor version of
IronPython. I know about assemblyBinding, and I can make it work, but
it hurts the user experience having to know exactly what version of
IronPython is installed. This isn't the case for CPython, where
extensions target the 2.6 version only, no 2.6.2.

I see it as similar to the .NET FX service packs - the assembly
versions remain the same, even though there are changes to the
assembly, and it seems to work out (mostly, anyway).

Does anyone know if there's a way, in a .config file, to tell .NET to
use a local copy instead of the GAC? Some combination of
assemblyBinding elemnts should do it, but I'm unable to try right now.

- Jeff