[IronPython] Abort thread Ironpython Silverlight

Kristian Jaksch kristian.jaksch at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 20:29:57 CEST 2009

I have developed a Silverlight application that uses IronPython to
dynamically generate and execute a script. The script is dependent on
data supplied by the user and can be computationally expensive so it's
run on a separate thread. I need an option for the user to abort the
script in case it hangs. I have tried Thread.Abort() but it seems
Silverlight doesn't allow me to. Since the script is user supplied I
cannot just raise a flag and request a polite abort. I'm looking for
some more brutal way.

Thanks for help!