[IronPython] Silverlight onload is not getting called

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Mon Jun 29 07:51:30 CEST 2009

Silverlight doesn't have a "onload" method, that's only in JavaScript, "window.onload". All IronPython code is run on Silverlight's System.Window.Application.Startup event, so you won't see that fired in IronPython since it has already occurred. However, you can hook the "Loaded" event on UserControl to see when all the controls are loaded.

Isolated Storage shouldn't have anything to do with loading the app, unless there's an exception being raised when you're accessing Isolated Storage. Make sure your HTML page sets "initParams" to "reportErrors=errorLocation" to see any exceptions that you don't catch.

Feel free to post the code which causes this error so I can track down the exact error.

~js