[IronPython] 2.0 deployment

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Tue Mar 10 11:33:11 CET 2009

Howland-Rose, Kyle wrote:
> Thanks Dody.  The error was because I did not deploy Lib and the types module is in Lib.

The types module is part of the Python standard library - you only need
to deploy it if you use it.

You can compile your Python file and libraries into an executable /
assemblies using the Pyc compiler sample - which is available for
download on the the IronPython codeplex site. There are some caveats
about its use; you will need to add references to any assemblies you
import from and some users have reported losing sys.argv when they
compile their main executable. In this case it is better to *not*
compile your main script, or to create a custom executable in C# which
creates the Python engine and executes your main script but doing things
like setting up sys.argv and setting the engine search paths.

All the best,

Michael Foord

http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/