[IronPython] Is the list broken?

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Sat Mar 14 02:18:55 CET 2009

On 14/03/2009 11:56 AM, Michael Foord wrote:
> John Machin wrote:
>> I have received no messages since Wed 11 March. The most recent
>> message in the list archive bears the same date.
>
> The current evidence is against that hypothesis...

Change hytpothesis: The list was broken between Wed Mar 11 03:51:38 PDT
2009 and very recently.

Your message is the first that I have received since Wed 11 March. I
have had no other problems with receiving e-mail in general or e-mail
from mailman-based mailing lists in particular over that time period.

The archive
(http://lists.ironpython.com/pipermail/users-ironpython.com/2009-March/date.html)
is still showing:
"""
[snip]
     * [IronPython] import thread-safety   Kamil Dworakowski
     * [IronPython] import thread-safety   Dino Viehland
     * [IronPython] 2.0 deployment   Howland-Rose, Kyle
     * [IronPython] import thread-safety   Kamil Dworakowski

[the above 4 messages are the last 4 that I received before this message
of yours]

Last message date: Wed Mar 11 03:51:35 PDT 2009
Archived on: Wed Mar 11 03:51:38 PDT 2009
"""

In Thunderbird, neither my Junk folder nor my Deleted folder contain any
messages with [IronPython] in the subject.

Cheers,
John