[IronPython] Creating Dynamic Assemblies from IronPython 2.6

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 01:09:22 CET 2009

Hi all,
I'm unable to create a Dynamic assembly from IronPython using
AppDomain.DefineDynamicAssembly. The Python file attached results in
the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "pinvoke.py", line 5, in pinvoke.py
  File "mscorlib", line unknown, in DefineDynamicAssembly
  File "mscorlib", line unknown, in InternalDefineDynamicAssembly
  File "mscorlib", line unknown, in nCreateDynamicAssembly
  File "mscorlib", line unknown, in CheckGrantSetHelper
SystemError: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

The equivalent C# program (also attached) works fine. I'm guessing
there's something special about IronPython's AppDomain, but I'm not
sure what it is. This is using revision 48140. Any ideas?

- Jeff