[IronPython] try...finally in yield

Adam Brand adamb at silverkeytech.com
Mon Mar 30 02:35:55 CEST 2009

We are using 2.0 beta I think as part of ipy for asp.net. I don't think
close() is implemented in that version. Am I wrong?

Harry (who made it) suggested this:

def _process(xr):
  while xr.Read():
    xr.MoveToContent()
    node = XmlNode(xr)
    yield node
    if xr.IsEmptyElement:
      node = XmlNode(xr, endElement=True)
      yield node

def load(xml):
  """generates an iterator over the XmlNodes in the stream of XML
represented by the xml argument"""
  if isinstance(xml, XmlReader):
    for n in _process(xml): yield n
  else: