[IronPython] Mercurial Status

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Sat May 2 21:23:48 CEST 2009

I've been testing IronPython with Mercurial. Using the 2.6 nightlies
as the base, lots of it will "just work". (Make sure you grab zlib
from http://cid-414fa1a9bd174b4b.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/IronPython.Zlib.zip).
The attached patch moves things a little further on. Also, you'll need
to use the pure modules.

Basic stuff like hg status or hg version will work, but hg clone is
the first problematic command I ran into.

The current bugs are:
 - #13702 - Support errno interface in error derived from EnvironmentError
 - #22258 - _sha does not support 2.6 byte buffers
 - #22259 - len(buffer) is incorrect
 - #22260 - Cannot write buffer to file

I ran into a unicode error caused by the workarounds for #22260
(converting randow binary data to a string doesn't always seem to
work...), so that's kind of the showstopper right now.

- Jeff