[IronPython] .exe is not pre-compiled

William Reade william at resolversystems.com
Mon May 4 14:58:38 CEST 2009

Generally, CPython modules have the .pyd extension -- and, in fact,
Ironclad will only detect and handle attempts to import .pyd files. So,
sadly, it won't help you here. It wouldn't be hard to make Ironclad
handle .exe files, but the likelihood of it doing anything useful with
them is minimal.

Is it the case that you've somehow compiled an IronPython project to an
.exe, when you really wanted to use Pyc (included with ipy2, I think) to
turn it into a .dll that you can import from? If you search these lists,
you should find more help on that topic.