[IronPython] bytes behavior on 2.6...

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Wed May 6 02:31:48 CEST 2009

I guess the good news here then is that our post-2.6 planning is still
very unclear.  While I'd love us to move to 3.0 to get rid of our
Unicode issues it seems like there's not enough movement forward in the
community at large - of course until then we're always going to have
subtle Unicode compat issues :(.

My personal thoughts on this is that we could do a 2.6.1/2/3 after 2.6
ships that focuses on lots of bug fixes and adding non-disruptive
3.0 features under a -X:Python30 flag.  But we still have some time
to figure out what to do here.  As always input is always welcome!