[IronPython] Iron Python and Asp.net (framework 3.5)

Dody Gunawinata empirebuilder at gmail.com
Fri May 8 13:15:07 CEST 2009

I don't have VB installed in my VS 2008, so this is what I did.

I use this IronPython
http://download.codeplex.com/Project/Download/FileDownload.aspx?ProjectName=IronPython&DownloadId=58404&FileTime=128789375840200000&Build=15036#ReleaseFiles
For each of the project, I reference all the following assemblies:
IronPython.dll
IronPython.Modules.dll
Microsoft.Scripting.Core.dll
Microsoft.Scripting.dll
Microsoft.Scripting.ExtensionAttribute.dll

I use the hosting API in a C# WAP using C# only in 3.5 and it worked without
a hitch. This is the code
https://rcpt.yousendit.com/685289274/f6b7c3f2a38002c2656f54ada3364d26

I downloaded SharpDevelop 3.0 and use it to write a console application in
VB targeting .Net 3.5. I was surprised that "using" is not a keyword in VB
:)  It worked in console application. Here's the code
https://download.yousendit.com/U0d6RE9uQzMzeUtGa1E9PQ.

I can't exactly replicate your problem since I don't have VB on VS 2008. But
I hope I help you further along with these two small codes. It seems that
IronPython 2.01  works just fine with VB in .Net 3.5 but I'm not sure if the
VB ASP.net code provider does something else that make IP 2.01 breaks.

Dody G.

nomadlife.org