[IronPython] IronPython for ASP.Net

Dody Gunawinata empirebuilder at gmail.com
Wed May 20 22:21:56 CEST 2009

Is there any update for IronPython for ASP.Net?
It has been three years since IronPython support for ASP.Net introduced with
the release of the whitepaper (
http://www.asp.net/DynamicLanguages/whitepaper/) and the first binary. Since
then I think we've had Katrina, a Beijing Olympic, a new President, a
financial collapse and two James Bond movies - yet until now there is still
no up to date support for the technology. I know that the legal team, etc
are working on the source release, but I think it is pretty galling that
Microsoft's own web framework stack is barely supported by its own dynamic
language technology, both on the 'classic' ASP.Net and MVC stack. I mean
there is more energy put into having IronPython and IronRuby to run Django
and RubyOnRails web framework instead of ASP.Net stack. This just doesn't
make sense to me.

--
nomadlife.org