[IronPython] IronPython 2.6 CodePlex Source Update

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Thu May 28 21:13:26 CEST 2009

merllab at microsoft.com wrote:
> [snip...]
>
> CHECKIN COMMENTS
> Changeset Id: 918179
> Date: 5/27/2009 10:36:35 AM
>
> (dfugate) Renamed "IPY_OPTIONS" environment variable to "TEST_OPTIONS" which is a bit more IronRuby friendly.
>

> (Shelveset: TEST_OPTIONS;REDMOND\dfugate | SNAP CheckinId: m9247)
> Changeset Id: 918178
> Date: 5/27/2009 10:35:23 AM
>
> (dinov) Tfpt review /shelveset:LotsOfPythonBugs;dinov
>
> Python + 1 DLR Interpreter Change
>
> First the DLR interpreter change – this is fixing a stack trace issue reported by Curt.  When we have a mixed interpreted/compiled stack we’re getting the wrong result.  This is because of few reasons:
> 1.	We need to clear the stack back trace we’ve calculated for Python when we re-throw the exception otherwise we’ll re-use it.  I’ve made the rethrow in WithStatement now throw through our helper and updated the interpreter to do nothing special w/ repros making it closer to the compiled code path.
> 2.	Over in ExceptionHelpers we are combining the saved stacks + the new stacks in the incorrect order when reverse frames is true.  This causes us to get confused and lose frames.
>
> 20634 hex_codec needs to be imported before hex decode can happen
> 15428 ".". does not generate a SyntaxError in interactive sessions
> 15348 TypeError thrown for IronPython.Compiler.Ast.ErrorExpression cast failure in interactive sessions
> 20302 codecs.lookup errors with uppercase encoding names
> 20051 Re-raising exception causes loss of traceback
> 22259 len(buffer) is incorrect
> 4565 Support all encodings CPython does for _codecs.encode and _codecs.decode
> 21929 os.listdir does not accept empty path
> 20603 Trivial: os.walk(‘’) doesn’t work
> 2169 test_isinstance incompatibilities with CPython
> 17235 dir(System.ArgIterator) broken
> 20039 struct.pack('L', -1) is stricter than in CPython
> 19484 Error with timeit.py module
> 19005 Strange issues with BOM?
> 10816 -X:MaxRecursion N<=1 broken
> 19278 Confusing Error Message when using in operator
> 13912 TypeError: Could not create instance of <type 'Visual'>	Improve the error message – we now include that the type is abstract
>
> Also assigning to MemoryHolder’s size as caught in code review, fixing build.bat to run w/ frames enabled.

Nice checkin Message! Not to mention impressive, lots of good stuff there.

20634, 15428, 20051, 4565, 21929, 17235, 20039, 19278, 19005 (and
possibly others) all look like good candidates for backporting to 2.02.

Any idea when 2.0.2 might be done?

Michael

http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/blog