[IronPython] ironpython compared to powershell

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Fri May 29 15:58:48 CEST 2009

jocke khazad wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I would like you ask this question that I seem not to get an answer
> for anywhere.
>
> What is the advantage of using ironpython compared to using only
> powershell? Or is it just a personal choice which one you like the best?
Taste comes into it a lot. For example I abhor dynamic scoping
(Powershell) and much prefer lexical scoping (Python).

IronPython tends to be faster than Powershell (at least in the embedded
situation in which I compared them) and has more libraries (Python
libraries as well as .NET) and a larger user community (if you include
the whole Python community).

All the best,

Michael Foord

http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/