[IronPython] Portable use of pickle.dumps()

Vernon Cole vernondcole at gmail.com
Fri May 29 20:05:38 CEST 2009

Follow up to my own comment...

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 11:38 AM, Vernon Cole <vernondcole at gmail.com> wrote:

> . You could use a similar construct based on whether IronPython or CPython
> were in use.

I note that effort is now going forward to port pywin32 to IronPython. When
that happens, my code will break, because it uses:
<code>
try:
    import win32com.client
    onIronPython = False
except ImportError:  # implies running on IronPython
    onIronPython = True
</code>
in order to detect which environment it is on.

I should change this for the next version of adodbapi.

Question for the group:
  What is a better/best way to test for IronPython vs CPython?
--
Vernon

P.S.
 Robert:
 Thanks for documenting this. I am contemplating a new fork of adodbapi
based on ADO.NET rather than COM (my target is Linux/mono so COM is out of
the question.) I will very likely run into this problem when/if I make that
jump.
--
VC