[IronPython] Minor bug in conversion of str to bytes?

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Fri May 29 20:25:14 CEST 2009

Unfortunately there's probably going to continue to be a bunch of corner
cases related to bytes/str/unicode until we move to 3.0.  But hopefully
we can come up w/ reasonable workarounds for most of them.

In this case it seems like we should define __str__ on bytes and make
it return a Unicode string w/o the b''.  We can keep repr in there so
that an explicit repr still gives you the b'' representation...

Ahh, I can't wait until Ipy 3.0!