[IronPython] Safe execution of python scripts on my .net application

Nicolás Buttarelli nbuttarelli at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 21:38:38 CET 2009

Sorry, I don't know if my previous message have arrived. So, here it is:

Hello all,

I am starting with python and I would like to add to my web application some
web services. This services will allow the different clients of my
application to execute some python scripts.

I would like to know if someone did this before and how can I do this in a
secure way. I mean, how can I do to restrict the environment where the
scripts will be executed.

In .net I can do this using the AppDoman and setting the permission set.

AppDomain.CreateDomain( string friendlyName,
                        Evidence securityInfo,
                        AppDomainSetup info,
                        PermissionSet grantSet,
                        params StrongName[] fullTrustAssemblies);

Is there a way to do the same with my python scripts?

I am running them using this:

ScriptEngine engine = Python.CreateEngine();
ScriptSource source = engine.CreateScriptSourceFromString(scriptAsString);
ScriptScope scope = engine.CreateScope();
source.Execute(scope);

Thanks in advance.
Nicolas