[IronPython] Safe execution of python scripts on my .net application

Shri Borde Shri.Borde at microsoft.com
Tue Nov 3 21:29:35 CET 2009

I think this happens if the new appdomain cannot load the required assembly. By default, the new appdomain should inherit its BaseDirectory property from the creating domain and should be able to load Microsoft.Scripting.dll. Is your exe and all the dlls in the same folder? If not, can you try to put all assemblies in the same folder (or in the GAC) to see if it works? If that works, you can then figure out how to configure the new appdomain such that it can load Microsoft.Scripting.dll. There may be some setting in AppDomainSetup, or you could hook the AssemblyResolve event...