[IronPython] Safe execution of python scripts on my .net application

Nicolás Buttarelli nbuttarelli at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 20:17:38 CET 2009

Again, thanks everyone for your help.

But.. I bring bad news. This is still not working and it doesn't depend on
the Test environment.

I create another proyect, a Form project, with one button which executes the
following code:

 // Creating the permission set to grant other assemblies
PermissionSet aRestrictedPermissionSet = new
PermissionSet(PermissionState.None);
aRestrictedPermissionSet.AddPermission(new
SecurityPermission(SecurityPermissionFlag.Execution));

AppDomainSetup domaininfo = new AppDomainSetup();
domaininfo.ApplicationBase = System.Environment.CurrentDirectory;

List<StrongName> strongNameList = new List<StrongName>();
strongNameList.Add(CreateStrongName(Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly()));

AppDomain aSandboxedDomain = AppDomain.CreateDomain("Sandboxed Domain",

             AppDomain.CurrentDomain.Evidence,

             domaininfo,

             aRestrictedPermissionSet,

             strongNameList.ToArray<StrongName>());

ScriptEngine engine = Python.CreateEngine(aSandboxedDomain);
ScriptSource source = engine.CreateScriptSourceFromString(pythonScript);
ScriptScope scope = engine.CreateScope();
source.Execute(scope);

It throws this error:
Type is not resolved for member
'Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptRuntimeSetup,Microsoft.Scripting,
Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.

I used the fuslogvw application to see if the Microsoft.Scripting is loaded,
an it is.

What seems strange for me is that anyone has tried this before. I hope to
find some more help here.

Regards,
Nicolas