[IronPython] IronPython 2.6 RC 1 Release Hidden

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Tue Nov 10 21:34:35 CET 2009

Keith J. Farmer wrote:
> As for the question at hand, though :)
>
> I'm not in blanket agreement here.  I'd agree for some releases to be
> valid dependency points, but things like RCs, betas, obsoleted
> third-level versions -- not really.
>
> In the first two cases, those are bleeding-edge releases.  If you take
> a dependency on them, expect to bleed.

The problem is that if a developer has used (and depended on) APIs in a
specific release of IronPython then the person who bleeds is likely to
be an end user rather than the developer (who may have moved onto other
things without updating their project).

I don't have a problem with relegating obsolete releases to a small
corner, but making them unavailable altogether is a high cost.

Michael