[IronPython] Embedding Python in MS-Office

Joshua Kramer josh at globalherald.net
Wed Nov 11 20:12:17 CET 2009

Hello,

Does anyone have examples handy of how you might embed an IronPython
script in MSO?

For example, you might have a menu item that, when you select it, uses
Python to aggregate data from outside sources and insert the data into a
Word document or Excel cells.

My end goal here is to make an abstraction library so that if you write an
Office script, the same script can be used unmodified on MS-Office or
OpenOffice.  I've done scripts like this for OpenOffice but not MSO.

Cheers,
-JK

--

-----