[IronPython] Embedded IronPython 2.6 Module Name

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Wed Nov 18 19:44:06 CET 2009

The logic for assigning these is definitely a little bit weird.

The theory is that we only assign __name__ if we believe the code
being executed is a module.  This is to mimic the behavior of
exec/eval which doesn't set __name__:

>>> x = {'__name__':'foo'}
>>> exec 'print "hi"' in x
hi
'foo'

So in the 1st two cases the theory is that we're not setting it all.
I suspect in the 1st case though we are actually setting it somewhere
when we create the default scope for executing the code.

The last 2 we believe are modules but we don't have a path for the
source code.  When that happens we set the name to <module>.  I
believe this is an attempt to match some behavior of CPython but
I can't quite figure out what behavior it is replicating right now.