[IronPython] [ANN]: IronPython 2.6 Release Candidate 3

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Sat Nov 21 14:49:38 CET 2009

[Dropping python-announce-list]

Yes, it’s certain that the hosting APIs will not ship in .NET 4. Basically everything that is in Microsoft.Scripting.Core.dll is what has made its way into .NET 4.0. Sorry if that wasn’t clear.

You’ll also notice that Microsoft.Scripting.dll has been split into Microsoft.Scripting.dll and Microsoft.Dynamic.dll; the hosting APIs are still contained in Microsoft.Scripting.dll, while the things language implementers need to care about is in Microsoft.Dynamic.dll. We’re trying to not change Microsoft.Scripting.dll as much as possible, as those APIs have undergone some rigorous design and reviews. Microsoft.Dynamic.dll definitely will change.

~Jimmy