[IronPython] MonoTouch support

Dave Brueck dave.brueck at protoven.com
Fri Oct 2 15:27:40 CEST 2009

On Sep 27, 2009, at 8:41 PM, Dino Viehland wrote:

> Dave wrote:
>> Hi, I'm wondering what it would take in theory to get IronPython
>> working on MonoTouch (http://monotouch.net/) - the framework for
>> writing iPhone apps in C#.
[snip]

> There's a combination of things that we already have that will get you
> close - but there's probably a lot of corner cases to be flushed out.
[snip]

Dino, thanks *very* much for the thoughtful reply - I really
appreciate it and you've given me some specific things to go learn
about. It's pretty encouraging to see how much of the work is already
done, although like you said I'm sure there are still things here and
there to figure out still.

I'm just starting to become familiar with the IronPython source, so
I'll spend time on that for awhile and then come back and bug you and
others with more questions. :)

Thanks again,
-Dave