[IronPython] problems to migrate from Ipy 1.1 to 2.6rc1

Ernesto Cullen ecullen at fibertel.com.ar
Thu Oct 15 04:09:25 CEST 2009

hi all,
   I am trying to update an app which uses IronPython 1.1 to latest Ipy
2.6rc1. I need the assemblies signed, so I have to build the sources. I
had following problems:
- The projects are saved with ToolsVersion="4.0", and VS2008sp1 refuses
to open them. I had to change manually all project files to
ToolsVersion="3.5"
- I use Ipy from a signed assembly so I need Ipy to be signed too. I had
to change manually the references to 'MSSharedLibdelaySigned.snk' in Src
directory, is that key ok? I do not set the option 'delay sign'.
- after setting all projects to 'signed', I was able to compile
IronPython. But then I can not load these assemblies, i get a Strong
Name validation exception:

Could not load file or assembly 'IronPython, Version=2.6.10920.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its
dependencies. Strong name validation failed. (Exception from HRESULT:
0x8013141A)

I don't know where to look to. I have .net 2.0 and 3.5sp1 installed,
though clrver (SDK v6.0A) gives me only v1.1.4322 and v2.0.50727.
gacutil does not show Ipy installed.

any clues?

Ernesto Cullen

--
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
Benjamin Franklin