[IronPython] Curious about the development cycle and community involvement

Count László de Almásy calmasy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 09:08:51 CEST 2009

from the FAQ--
"there are a few key benefits to limiting IronPython checkins to
Microsoft employees. The most important being that some of our users
have stated that they would be unable to install IronPython if it
contained non-Microsoft intellectual property due to their employers'
policies. We'd like to enable as many people as possible to utilize
IronPython, and feel this is a bit more important than taking back
contributions"

i have to say, that's some of the oddest logic i've seen in quite a
long time. those few users with the restrictive employer policies must
be pretty important to outweigh the value of community code
contributions.

--
Cheers, László