[IronPython] Wildcard conf on IIS6

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 02:40:57 CEST 2009

2009/10/18 Markus Törnqvist <mjt at nysv.org>:
>>I finally got around to looking at this, and it looks like I missed a
>>step in my documentation (such as it is...). If you check out
>>http://jdhardy.blogspot.com/2009/07/nwsgi-20-removing-url-warts.html
>>it gives all of the details (under the heading "Wildcards"), but I'll
>>explain it here too.
>
> I had found that by myself too, I based my conf on it ;)

I updated it just recently, as there were some omissions.

> I'm wondering about
>    <wildcard physicalPath="~/hello.wsgi" />
> What does ~ resolve to here?

The root of the web application - it's an ASP.NET convention. If
http://example.com/HelloWorld/ is an ASP.NET application that is
stored C:\HelloWorld\, then http://example.com/HelloWorld/hello.wsgi
-> ~/hello.wsgi -> C:\HelloWorld\hello.wsgi. Using ~/... allows the
app's folders to be moved around the file system without breaking the
configuration.

> The Hello World stuff:

> Now http://localhost/ works as well, hooray!

So you were able to get the HelloWorld app to work using wildcards, correct?

> But where is the fail?

I think this is going to take some deeper digging - do you know how to
get a metabase.xml file? Can you send me a copy of yours directly
(off-list)?

- Jeff