[IronPython] Type analysis of expression

Lepisto, Stephen P stephen.p.lepisto at intel.com
Mon Oct 19 16:29:48 CEST 2009

Jonathan,

Even if the variables going into the expression are strongly typed, python will evaluate the expression however it can, with the result being some type based on the coercion python applied to each variable.  However, I read Christian's problem as one where he needed to get the value into a database and to me that was the deciding factor as to which type to coerce the result of the expression, regardless of the original types of the variables going into the expression.