[IronPython] IronPython integration via dotNET

Lukas Dubeda loocas at duber.cz
Fri Oct 23 14:14:22 CEST 2009

Hi there everyone,

it's me again with the IP integration problem :)

I'm on an edge of giving up. I don't know what to do next,
even after reading Lee Holmes' article as suggested by
Michael Foord.

Well, I tried to execute the scriptSourceFromString without
specifying a scope as I've learned that the scope should
be automatically taken care of during the hosting class
instantiation.

These are the last two lines of code I tried to execute:

src = pythonEngine.CreateScriptSourceFromString("print 'hello'")
src.execute()

However, when executed, I get this new, interesting error:

-- Runtime error: dotNet runtime exception: Ambiguous match found.

I did an extensive search on this topic and I found that it might
be related to either a bug in dotNET (hopefully not!) or that
there are two variables in the classes of the same name, but I can't
or don't know how to overcome this.

Anyone has an idea? This is really getting to the point of giving up.
Which'd be bad as I desperately need to call Python from within
MAXScript for our other tools at the studio to communicate with.

Thanks again for your time and effort, guys, much appretiated!

- Lukas