[IronPython] Database Engine for Django on IronPython

Vernon Cole vernondcole at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 13:05:30 CET 2009

Please pardon all the typos I am about to make. Wife has taken me to
Yellowstone to see the bison migration. Am typing under my sleeping
bag...

I have been thinking About this in re STORM too. Perhaps the best way
would be like:

Try:
    Import prefferedDb as db
    Db.version = 'native'
Except:
    Import adodbapi as db
# then later if needed
If db.version = 'native':
  # do usual thing
Else:
   # do ado thing
So all of the database specific stuff remains in that module, which
will then use ado if the preffered ifc is not available.
--
Vernon

Sent from my Windows Mobile phone