[IronPython] Django 1.1 on IronPython 2.6rc2 findings

Dave Fugate dfugate at microsoft.com
Wed Oct 28 17:32:17 CET 2009

Just a hunch, but you might want to try passing "-X:MaxRecursion 1000" to ipy.exe.  By default, IronPython has a very high recursion limit compared to CPython.  On occasion this can cause the entire interactive session/process to die with a StackOverflowException rather than emit a catchable Python RuntimeError.

The other thing is if you're running under an x64 OS, try ipy.exe instead of ipy64.exe.  ipy.exe is purely a 32-bit CLR process and hence needs less memory.

Hope that helps,

Dave