[IronPython] Django 1.1 on IronPython 2.6rc2 findings

Vernon Cole vernondcole at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 06:58:50 CET 2009

Yes, adodbapi does use COM.  My intention is to make an ADO.NET version of
it, but I want to make one which will be a near drop in replacement for the
fork which has been adapted for django -- which also uses COM. My idea is to
make the django changes first, before making  the .NET changes. That way, if
I must fork the code for .NET, the new version will have the same features
as the COM version. I want to add Mono to the list of systems adodbapi will
run on. The existing Linux ODBC module leaves a bit to be desired, and
something better may be
needed to make MS-SQL access work on Linux.
--
Vernon Cole