[IronPython] pushing PyCon in the .NET community

Catherine Devlin catherine.devlin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 19:17:32 CET 2009

Hi, everybody!  I'm PyCon 2010 publicity chair.  Are you sick of hearing
about PyCon yet?  No?  Then I need your help.  We need to get the whole
community talking about PyCon.

So far, PyCon tends to get plenty of notice in the Linux/UNIX world... much
less so in the (great big honking) .NET programming community.  You know
much better than I do, however, that Python and PyCon are ready to shower
.NET programmers with Pythony goodness... we just have to let them know
somehow.

So I need your ideas and help.  Together we'll make a big, awesome PyCon.

- What .NET magazines and websites would be good to target for announcements
and media sponsorships?
- By far the best way to get space in magazines, etc. is to write articles
for them.  Could anybody write an article about or mentioning PyCon for some
of these?  I'm imagining titles like "A .NET programmer at PyCon" - or
whatever you can think of.  Remember, writing burnishes your own reputation,
too.
- Are you on .NET mailing lists, forums, etc. where PyCon has not been
mentioned?  Can you rectify that, or point me to them so that I can?
- You're blogging the bejeezuz out of PyCon, right?  Blog badges and some
other goodies (flyers, slides for speakers, business cards) are at
http://us.pycon.org/2010/helping/publicize/
- Anything else you can think of?

Thanks very much!  See you in Atlanta!
--