[IronPython] IronPython 2.6RC2 and Silverlight template

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Fri Oct 30 22:33:08 CET 2009

Whoa, I thought that was fixed for this RC! Two things are wrong:

1. Find %IronPythonInstallPath%\Silverlight\bin\Chiron.exe.config and remove line #19 (it should be <add key="externalUrlPrefix" value="/dlr-slvx" />).

2. Find %IronPythonInstallPath%\Silverlight\script\templates\python\index.html and remove "console=true" from line #80 (it should look like this <param name="initParams" value="debug=true, reportErrors=errorLocation" />). I'm not sure why this is busted. As a work-around, you can add this to app.py to open the console:

import sys
from Microsoft.Scripting.Silverlight import Repl
r = Repl.Show('python')
sys.stdout = r.OutputBuffer
sys.stderr = r.OutputBuffer

~js